This is where I am happiest, at the Holy Mass. Now I will tell you what really happens at Holy Mass.
The Lord told me some time ago, "I want you to go to Holy Mass everyday." I thought, "O.k., I can do that." At the time I was only going to Holy Mass once a week, an occasional day Mass but I mostly just prayed in front of the Blessed Sacrament. I didn't understand, but I obeyed. Going to Holy Mass everyday required some coordination, I would have to get up earlier and find a Mass along the way to work. Also, the Mass would have to be close enough to work that when it was finished I could still get to work on time. I found several different permanent options, and a few back up plans if for some reason I couldn't get to my regular daily Mass.
It took about a year of going to Holy Mass daily, but then things started to change. This was no longer an obligation, but a joy! God started to open my eyes to what was really going on in the Holy Mass. I was astonished at what I learned.
- The Holy Mass is the greatest event that ever happens on the earth.
- The Holy Mass is the greatest victory on the earth.
- Without the Holy Mass the world would cease to exist.
- The Holy Mass is where the love of God and Earth meet, or literally Heaven on Earth.
- During the Holy Mass the love of God comes down in sheets! (I feel it!)
- Each Holy Mass offered has some benefit for every person still living on the Earth. Not just Catholics, but all. The amount of this benefit is according to the grace and mercy of God and known only to Him.
- The Holy Mass is a great benefit to the souls in purgatory, and releases many souls.
- The Holy Mass received with reverence gives us a love for things that are Holy and of God.
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass offered to God defers a right and just judgement against us that we would have otherwise suffered, and has done so since the Last Supper.
Now, think what a Priest really is. A Priest, is not just for Catholics, but by God's grace, he is a Priest for the whole world and the Holy Mass and the Blessed Sacrament is God's house of light, calling all to Him. May he never shun lightly offering this gift to God which only he can do for us.
A Priest offering the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass to God stands between all of us and the fires of Hell, which we all have deserved at one point in time by our sins. The things that help us avoid hell, are the Confessional, the Holy Mass and Blessed Sacrament. This is not forced, but only offered to us as a gift. (How I wish more would take advantage of these most precious gifts for the sake of the judgement that all must face!)
If you truly understood what the Holy Mass truly is, you would RUN to confession, and want to do what is right before God so that you can receive well that which is most Holy. The Holy Mass and most Blessed Sacrament ARE NOT YOUR RIGHT...they are God's gift and should be treated with an eternal gratitude. If you knew what was in a Catholic Church and what was really happening at a Holy Mass, you would enter Church on your knees, with contrition of heart.
Go to Holy Mass daily!